It’s nearly St. Patrick’s Day! A time to dig out your green, count your blessings and celebrate the luck of the Irish. It’s also a great time to dive into some traditional Irish favorites like Irish Stew. You can’t go wrong with this simple, hearty meal. Read on for this delicious Irish Stew recipe.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
lgcelery stalks, diced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2-3 yellow potatoes, diced
- 4 C beef stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Use a Dutch oven or heavy pot with a
lidthat is oven safe. Place the pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and begin browning and searing the meat. Do this in small batches and don’t crowd the pan. When finished, set the meat aside.
- Add the onions, carrots
andleeks to the pot and saute for about five minutes.
- Return the meat to the pot and add the potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients – stock, herbs, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the pot and put your pot in the oven for one and a half hours. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!