It’s the Holiday Season! Here is a recipe sure to please – Candied Pecans with only 5 ingredients! This recipe is on the lighter side in the sugar department turning to natural sweeteners like maple syrup and coconut sugar. Give it a try! In no time at all, you’ll be enjoying some of the sweet flavors of the holiday season!
- 2 ½ cups pecans
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- To get started, preheat your oven to 325°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Grab a large bowl and add your pecans, cinnamon
andsalt (salt optional). Mix well.
- Add your sweeteners – maple syrup and coconut sugar. Stir and fold to completely cover the pecans.
- Pour the pecans onto your parchment covered baking sheet. Spread evenly in one layer allowing for space between the pecans.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the pecans to be sure you crisp both sides. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Cool and patiently wait for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- You can store these for 1-2 months in an airtight container at room temperature in a cool, dark location.