It’s the perfect time for delicious satisfying beets! Read on and explore this simple recipe that brings beets to life with a wonderful assortment of inviting flavors!
- 4 medium red beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- 11/2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- First wash your beets then add them to your baking sheet. Roast for about an hour. They’re finished when fork tender. Let them cool then peel and cut into pieces.
- Make the vinaigrette by pureeing one of the cooked beets with lemon and orange juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Toss the beets with the vinaigrette. Add some cilantro and seasonings to taste. Enjoy!