Oatmeal loves the rice cooker! Check out this SIMPLE recipe to serve up warm delicious oatmeal with no fuss. We’ve added wild blueberries and while, yes, they will turn your oatmeal blue, they’re packed with antioxidants and delicious!
- I cup rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp raw local honey (optional)
- Optional extras including hemp seeds, walnuts, sliced bananas
- Add rolled oats and water to your rice cooker.
- Add your additional ingredients including cinnamon, blueberries and a pinch of salt.
- Press Start! Some rice cookers have a porridge setting. Be sure to check your rice cooker manual and website for any specific directions for your brand.
- Forget about it until it’s done!
- When complete, scoop out and serve. Sweeten with honey if you like. Add extras of your choosing like hemp seeds, walnuts or sliced bananas. You may even enjoy adding a little cold milk or non-dairy milk or your choosing. Experiment! Enjoy!