Check out the recipe below for a healthy twist on a holiday standard. It features your favorite dressing flavors such as onions and celery plus some unexpected accents including apples, cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 medium celery stalks, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium green apples, with peel (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup pine nuts
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add celery and apple; cook, stirring frequently for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
Add broth, quinoa, salt, cumin
andpepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Add cranberries. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Add cilantro and pine nuts; fluff with
forkand serve. Enjoy!