It’s North Carolina Shrimp time! Here’s a simple no-fuss recipe so you can enjoy our wild caught local shrimp any day of the week!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled (except for tails) and deveined
- In a medium size bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon or lime juice, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and mix until well coated. Allow to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler on high.
- Distribute the shrimp evenly on an oven-friendly skillet or baking pan.
- Place in center of oven and broil for about 3 minutes, until pink.
- Not up for firing up the broiler? Simply saute on the stovetop on medium heat for 3 – 5 minutes (or until pink and opaque) stirring occasionally.
- Great as an appetizer or serve for dinner with a fresh salad.