Are you ready for a little smoothie pick-me-up that celebrates the season? Then look no further. Here is a simple but decadent pumpkin smoothie. It’s vegan-friendly and features our fresh organic pumpkins plus your favorite vanilla protein powder.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (see directions below)
- 1 teaspoon honey, agave nectar, or sweetener of choice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 medium banana
- 6 ice cubes
- Simply add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined. Adjust the sweetener to taste as needed. Enjoy!
Grab one of our organic pie pumpkins and follow the directions below.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, stem to base. Remove seeds and pulp.
- Bake in the preheated oven, cut side down on baking sheet. Bake until the pumpkin can easily be pierced with a knife in several places and the flesh is pulling away from the skin, about 45 minutes
to cool. Scrape pumpkin meat from each half and puree in a blender until very smooth, about 3 – 5 minutes. Use what you need and store the rest. Will be good in the refrigerator for about a week and frozen for three months.