Pomegranate is quite a hit paired with mushrooms, feta
- 1 tbs ghee
- 1 lb baby
bellamushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese
- salt & pepper, as desired
- Over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 tbsp ghee in a large skillet.
- Add in garlic and onion and saute for about 1 minute. Next add mushrooms, salt
andpepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in rice and chicken broth. Cover pan with a lid and simmer over medium-low until all liquid is gone, about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss in pomegranate seeds, green onion
Makes a great main dish (4 servings) or hearty side (6 servings).