Whether it’s game-time snacking or pot luck favorite, everyone loves guacamole. Read on for our favorite “go-to” guacamole recipe plus some unexpected additions to give your guacamole a new twist!
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (around 1/4 cup finely chopped)
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Half each avocado and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Finely chop the red onion, half the cherry tomatoes, finely chop the cilantro and add to the mashed avocado.
- Squeeze in the half lime and add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite chips, raw veggies or flatbreads.
Add a Twist to Your Guacamole!
- Add some finely chopped Kale leaves, plus a little garlic and even some jalapeno if you dare! It’s helpful to combine with an immersion blender, blender or food processor.
- Throw in about 1/2 can of your favorite black beans, drained and rinsed. Add some corn, maybe a little cumin and jalapeno and you’re good to go!
- Add some chickpeas… then is it Guacamole or is it Hummus? Or maybe both! Leave the tomatoes behind and instead add a little fresh garlic and cumin. Blend away in your food processor or blender. Delight!
- Try some fresh garlic with cumin and curry powder with your guacamole! If you like, leave the tomatoes out. Serve with naan wedges.
- Why not add some sriracha and fresh mango for an exciting new combination! Without tomatoes, if you like!
No matter how you do your guacamole, you can’t go wrong with this healthy and satisfying snack! We’d love to hear about your favorite combinations! Write and let us know!