Hey food lovers! Check out this gluten-free chicken recipe with a tasty crunch and all the health benefits of flaxseeds and almonds. Read on for an easy and flavorful recipe.
- 4 (5 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed*
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
*If using whole flaxseeds, grind in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle. In a pinch, you can also try a coffee grinder, be sure to clean it before and after use. You can also try a food processor on the highest grinding setting. Please check your instruction book for safety and details.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grab a baking sheet, lightly oil and put aside.
- Use two sheets of parchment paper. Place the chicken between the sheets and pound with a kitchen mallet. Your desired thickness is about 1/2 inch thick.
- If needed, grind the flax seeds with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. Pour the flax and almond meal into a small bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate small bowl. Add the chicken breasts and toss until well coated. You can marinate the chicken mixture for 10 to 15 minutes to enhance the flavor if time allows.
- Transfer your chicken breasts from the small bowl to the baking sheet. Coat the tops of the chicken breasts with the almond/flax seed mixture. Gently press the crust into the chicken and be sure it’s evenly coated. Turn the chicken over and repeat.
- Place your baking sheet and chicken on the top rack of the oven and bake for about 20 – 30 minutes. The juices should run clear. If you love leftovers, they are good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy!