Our fresh grass-fed filet mignon is great for Father’s Day or any day! Read on for simple tips for a tasty satisfying filet mignon!
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6oz) filet mignon
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Remove filets from refrigerator at least 20 minutes before cooking and bring to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Heat your oil in a large oven-friendly skillet over medium-high heat. Add salt and pepper to your steak on both sides. Just before the oil smokes add your steak to the skillet. Sear the steak for about 2-3 minutes. Flip to the other side and add butter and rosemary. Cook and baste constantly with the butter for about 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer your skillet to the oven and cook until desired doneness. Allow about 7 – 10 minutes to cook medium.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the steak rest for 5 minutes. Then slice and serve. Simple and delicious!
- Using a thermometer for doneness?
– Medium rare: 130-135° – Medium: 135-145° – Medium well: 145-155°