Salmon is a staple and no matter how you slice it, it’s great for your health! The American Heart Association suggests that you have two servings of salmon per week for heart health. Read on for a simple salmon recipe that will add a touch of satisfying variety to your regular salmon routine.
- 1.5-2 Pounds Salmon Filet
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive OIl
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder (or fresh garlic – about one clove diced)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place a healthy size sheet of foil or parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place the salmon on the foil or paper.
- Add salt and pepper to the top side of the salmon filet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Use a small bowl to mix together the lime juice, chilli powder, ground cumin and garlic powder. Use a basting brush to coat the mixture on the top side of the salmon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. You know the salmon is done when it can be easily flaked with a fork.
That’s it! Enjoy!