Whether you’re in search of a healthy Halloween treat or an anytime naturally decadent break, look no further! This heart-healthy anti-oxidant rich delight combines all the simple goodness and flavor of dark chocolate and fresh organic apples.
- 4 apples
- Sticks for apples
- 1 cup dark-chocolate baking discs or chips
- Parchment paper
- Take off the apple stems and place the sticks into the top of the apple.
- Fill the bottom half of a double boiler with water and place on low heat. Place your dark chocolate on the top of the double boiler over hot but not boiling water and allow to melt. Do not cover. When most of the chocolate is shiny, stir until smooth.
- Once the chocolate has melted, gently rotate each apple in the chocolate until all sides are coated.
- Place on a cookie sheet or tray lined with parchment paper. Set in the fridge and allow to cool.
- *Double Boiler Substitute. You can use a small pot or saucepan as the bottom half of the boiler. Use a heat-safe metal or glass bowl over the pot so that its sides are resting on the top half of the pot.