Annual Health Fair
Saturday, August 13
11am – 4pm
Food Matters Market & Café is hosting its annual Health Fair, on Saturday, August 13th, 11 a.m to 4 p.m. as part of its “Celebrate the Day” event for the store’s 4th Anniversary in Brevard. The public is invited to take a break from the in-store food sampling and festivities to come upstairs and hear five well-known local speakers, on the hour, on current health topics. There is no cost to attend.
Dr. Glenn Ingram, ND, from Through the Woods Natural Health, will moderate the Health Fair and host the popular “Ask the Doc” booth. Plus free blood pressure readings, free chair massages, product samples, giveaways, coupons and raffles for health & beauty gift baskets.
- 11:00 a.m. Glenn Ingram, ND, Through the Woods, Natural Health, will kick off the Fair with ““Preventing and Treating Inflammation.” Inflammation is one of the great major health issues of our time. Arthritis, heart disease, several lung diseases, some kidney disease, many cancers, skin diseases, and more are inflammatory conditions. There are ways to prevent and treat inflammation as part of your daily life.
- 12:00 p.m. – Susan Hirsch, LDN, Product Information Specialist with Gaia Herbs Inc., will speak on “Innovative New Products” from Gaia that address total body health, stress and the adrenals, including Tumeric, Maca Powders and more.
- 1:00 p.m. – Bill Bailey, Fitness Factory Personal Trainer and Nutritionist, on the “Ketogenic Diet with Intermittent Fasting.” A meal plan that provides calories through essential fats, rather than carbs. The body produces ‘ketones’ for energy, which promotes body fat loss, lowers blood sugar, and has a positive affect on diabetes, epilepsy, cancers, autism and Alzheimer’s disease. The brain functions more efficiently on fat as fuel in place of carbs. Add in intermittent fasting to strengthen the digestive system and promote overall wellness. Bill will bring samples for tasting.
- 2:00 p.m. – Belinda Roberts, Acupuncturist and Director, Elk Haven Wellness Center, will be joined by Mary Ann (Wallace) Iyer, MD, and Author, of a popular book on the benefits of mindful eating. Together, they will look at “The Why, When, Where and How and of Eating,” which Eastern practices have long valued for health enhancement and recovery.
- 3:00 p.m. – Dr. Bart Van, DDS, with Carolina Smiles Family Dental will present, “Root Canals, Mercury Fillings & Other Things That Are Possibly Killing Me Slowly.” He will discuss Holistic vs. Traditional Modern Dentistry. Many aspects of dentistry have been under scrutiny in the media recently. Dr. Van will cover the topics you care about most.
- Food Matters Market & Café provides fresh, local produce, meats, dairy and eggs, in addition to organic, non-GMO, and gluten free foods to customers wanting a healthier lifestyle. Food Matter Market continues to offer only products that meet its healthy ingredient standards. See the Unacceptable Ingredients List at foodmattersmarket.com.